We’ve all been there. It can feel like you’ve lost the festival experience and are back to everyday life. However, it may be necessary to take it off.
While some prefer to wear their wristbands permanently, others work in environments that make it inappropriate. There are hygiene considerations to be aware of (does that hand wipe your bum? ).
The easiest way to get rid of a festival wristband is to use scissors. What if you wish to preserve it as a memento or display it in a collection?
This is how you can remove your festival wristband without cutting it.
How to Remove a Plastic Toggle Festival Wristband
Plastic toggles are usually made with tiny spikes that allow the fabric to flow in one direction but not in the other. To remove a festival wristband using a plastic toggle
- Hold the two ends of the wristband fabric together.
- To reduce the fabric’s surface area, twist them tightly.
- As if unscrewing the material, slide the plastic toggle down towards the ends.
- After you have moved it enough down the fabric, you should be able to pull your hand out and keep your wristband intact.
This works well for most wristbands that have a plastic toggle. If you still have trouble getting your wristband off, you can use plyers or another robust cutting tool to remove the plastic.
How to Remove a Metal Toggle Festival Wristband
The way the metal toggle wristband closes to the fabric is different from a plastic one. A plastic toggle can be completed by moving the material toward the wrist. A metal toggle is usually closed using a press.
These are more difficult than plastic toggles. One method is to use a plastic bag (covered in the next point), but it can be painful and may not always work.
The best way to get rid of a metal toggle festival wristband is to pull the clip open so the fabric can flow. This can be done with players or a flat-head screwdriver.
BE CAREFUL It is essential to use tools close to your wrist. This is why you should avoid sharp tools and scissors. Although pliers are safer than other tools, it is always a good idea to have someone help you.
Use a plastic bag
You can remove your festival wristband by using a plastic bag. It can sometimes be painful if the wristband is too tight.
These are the steps to remove a festival wristband from a plastic bag
- Place your wristband inside the plastic bag.
- Pull the handles of your bag through the space between the wristband and your wrist.
- Pull your fingers towards the handles by grasping both handles.
- Your wristband should now be rolling out over your hand. Voila! Now, take off your wristband.
If none of these options work, you can break the clip to let the fabric come out unharmed. You can use a paperclip or pin to keep it in place if you plan to wear it again after washing it.
If you have to cut the fabric with scissors, don’t let that ruin the festival experience!